From the moment I got home from my road trip across America, I had people messaging me asking how we did it and how much it cost, asking advice etc. Continue reading
Travel Plans 2016/17
I don’t know about you but one of my favourite times is when I first start planning a trip somewhere. It’s all the excitement of where to go, when to go, what to do and see etc.
Like I’ve previously said, after coming back from my month in America I 100% have the post travel blues. So much so, that I was back not even 24 hours and was already planning next years big travels, but I’ll start off with the not so distant future first.
- Dublin: Nothing is booked for Dublin as it was literally just brought into play a few hours ago. With one of my friends having time off work in the middle of August she mentioned she didn’t want to be off from work and not do anything so, Dublin. I’ve been twice before and I loved it, so why not go back? It will just be for about 2 days, but 2 days away from here and away from work is better than nothing at all.
- London: The weekend after I plan on going to Dublin, I’m heading back down to London. I cannot wait, London is a favourite place of mine. I’m going to London for 4 days, why? Comedy of course. You may not have heard of him but I’m going down to see a comedian from Boston (so fitting after my last post) who is based in NY. I unfortunately didn’t get to see him when I was in NY as he had shows in Princeton. Anything for an excuse to go to London for me.
- Kraków/Reykjavik: It will be one or the other, I’m still waiting to see if myself and my 5 best friends are going away for a weekend, but if not I might just have to head off to one of these places myself. It will be October/November time so it will be a good end to the year as my last trip of 2016.
- London: Again? I hear you ask. Again. Like before I’m off to London for Comedic reasons, two weekends in a row I’m going down to see the Impractical Jokers. The excitement I have for these shows is something else. If you don’t know who the Impractical Jokers are I beg you to find out. They are 4 of the funniest guys ever, from Staten Island. Check them out.
- Thailand: Camp Thailand to be precise, and possibly some travelling afterwards. I’ve applied for a new job and it all depends on the outcome of that as to whether I go for 3 weeks or 3 months (just a small jump in time). All I do know is, I plan on heading out at the end of August and am so ridiculously excited as Thailand is somewhere I’ve wanted to visit for a few years now.
Well that’s my travel plans so far! I cannot wait. Leave me a comment and tell me all about your future travel plans! I would love to hear about them, maybe our paths will be crossing at some point?
When it comes to new year I’m not really a fan of resolutions, mainly because half way through the year I find I’ve given up. This year I’m not making resolutions as such, I’ve decided on a few goals which don’t necessarily last the year. Of these goals a few are travel related and that’s why I’m sharing them with you all.
- Go on at least one weekend away myself.
I’ve decided I will find the money and time. Just to take five minutes rest from my life and the hassle of everything and go on an adventure. Nothing is set in stone but I’m hoping to at least try and visit Barcelona and Paris (mainly because they’re super close to the UK and I know there would be loads for me to do).
- Go on a trip with my friends.
So obviously not including my American road trip with my friends, as that’s completely set in stone and 100% happening (plus not all my friends are going). I’m hoping we all have another weekend away together somewhere else in Europe, last year we had Amsterdam I wonder where we will find ourselves this year?
- See more of Scotland.
I love my country so much and I love exploring it, going to places I’ve never been before but it’s something I feel I don’t do enough of. Hopefully this year that changes. Whether I jump on a bus (driving is out the window as I share a car with my mum and we’ve had a bit of a falling out unfortunately) and even just explore a part of Glasgow I’ve never seen before. Or get the train through to Edinburgh for a bit of exploring in our capital, or venturing further out to places which are unknown to me, any will make me happy.
Anyway, those are my travel plans for 2016 so far. Do you have any plans? Let me know.